July 2019 - June 2020
To build an integrated socially cohesive community through the following:
- Building bridges to promote intellectual understanding.
- Guide black male youth in their pursuit of higher education in order to enhance their social position.
- Promote equal opportunity for all
- Promote citizenship, civic engagement and a healthy democracy.
- Provide black males with the tools to engage in civic activities and have a better understanding of their rights and responsibilities
- Be black male or minority
- Must but at least 15-25 years of age
- Must live in the Rockcliffe, Keelesdale or Weston Mount Dennis community
- Improve networking option
- Learn about resources available for pursuing career goal
- Youth Empowerment and engagement
- Connecting with mentors
- Explore career options
E-3 (Education, Engagement, and Empowerment)
- Educating, engaging, and empowering participants.
- Involve Black Canadian youth of high school and college age (15 to 29) in the Toronto area.
- providing the knowledge of : methods of combatting discrimination, civil rights and equity in democracy, and Black history, arts and culture
The main activities
- Inspirational speeches
- Recreational activities
- Educational workshops