Come and check out our seniors programs that are offered at our main location. We offer many opportunities for seniors to engage with their community through the programs, such as health workshops, physical activities, trips, walking groups, Tai Chi, magazine design, etc.
S-3 Senior Safe Space - Funded by Employment and Social Development Canada
- Promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations
- Expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- Supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors
- Socialization and physical activities such as breakfast, Yoga, Tai chi, outdoor exercise etc
- Information and education activities subject including health and nutrition, social media and elder abuse
Digital Literacy & Digital Programming
This project aims:
- To provide digital devices to local vulnerable senior residents who face barriers in navigating and accessing digital programs
- To engage and encourage people who have devices but would like to learn literacy classes like (Microsoft Word, Zoom or Social Media)
- To create accessible and recurring digital programming that residents can participate in
- To inspire joy in participants, build relationships and contribute to feelings of social inclusion
Our partner organizations are: Syme Woolner Family and Neighbourhood Centre, York Fairbank Centre for Seniors, Urban Arts, Progress Place, Shakespeare in Action.